In this multi-part blog series I will be documenting my Keto lifestyle journey with my family, not holding back anything along the way. Keep reading to learn about the shock to my family.
Yesterday out of the blue I decided to go back to the keto / low carb lifestyle, I have been on it before and had amazing results. So I discussed this change with my 24 year daughter. Here are the lower points of that conversation:
No Cereal, Bread, Rice, or Pasta MOM?A. Butler
So at this point I am laughing hysterically. I remember that same thought when I first research the keto diet. I took the time to show her some recipes. At this point, she was more willing to accept the change.
The other two, I decided to just surprise them when I return with the groceries. Boy, are they in for a shock!
Keto Lifestyle Journey Day 1 Grocery List
Here is some of what I decided to get:
- Salmon & Talapia Frozen Fish
- Chicken, Ground Beef (for the kids) & Pork
- Bacon Thick Applewood (must have)
- Lunch Meat (Ham & Turkey) & Eggs
- Shredded Cheddar & Mozarella Cheese, Shaved Parmesan, Feta Cheese and Cream Cheese.
- Half & Half, Heavy Whipping Cream, Real Butter
- Avocados, Fresh Spinach, Green Onions, Green Cabbage, Cilantro, Parsley, Onions, Riced Cauliflower, Broccoli Florets, and some other misc veggies.
So tomorrow is day 1 for the entire household. This ought to be interesting lol. Curious to see how they react, to eating healthier. My son, “Mr I hate Vegetables” is going to be the hardest to break. If people would just think of it has eating whole foods and not a diet per se, everyone would be more healthy. For me? I am excited to say the least.
Check out the blog for more Keto Lifestyle Posts.